Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. At an exciting time in the company’s history we are now looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager for TYDE (part of the Thomas Dudley Limited Group of Companies) for the Greater London area to help us expand our customer base. The successful candidate will be at the interface of the company demonstrating the commercial poise to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
As Business Development Manager, your core activity and objectives will be to improve and support the growth of the TYDE business by fostering and developing relationships with your customers within the designated portfolio.
You will take responsibility and ownership for these customers, ensuring that a high level of professionalism and customer relationship is demonstrated at all times. Continuously striving to expand sales and improve profitability through careful tactical planning and positioning in the appropriate markets.
Ideally, the candidate should live in and around the Greater London / Home Counties areas within easy commutable distance to Central London and be comfortable to travel around the sales regions entirely. Regular travel to the company head offices in the West Midlands area during the training process will be expected and in addition occasional overnight stay will be required to perform the role.
- Work proactively with your portfolio, with a planned schedule of visits, using reports and information to keep the customer up to date. Ensuring that you get the most from your visits and calls
- Delivery of Revenue targets (turnover & growth) from the portfolio of existing customers and new. Contribute to the achievement of the Business Unit revenue and margin targets
- Understand the needs of your customers and respond effectively to gain that ensures the customer sees our approach as added value from their current relationship with Tyde or as a benefit for them to move from their current provider. Together with ensuring it supports both customer and Tyde commercial requirements
- Work with the internal sales & support teams to implement a clear understanding of the customer’s organisation. Build strong working partnerships that ultimately to the customer reflects a single joined up team approach
- Generate timely management reports as required that will include pipelines, current portfolio revenue, identifying risks and opportunities with action plans to support
- Support Tender/contract renewal activity including presentations/academy days
- Demonstrate and work to Business Core Values: Teamwork, Partnership & Family
What you need to do it…
- A proven sales professional with a growth track record in a B2B sales environment (consumables and/or manufacturer)
- Good understanding of different routes to market including Merchants, Contractors, Specification and/or New Build
- Highly developed selling skills with excellent communication both F2F and written, with the interpersonal skills to influence other parts of the business
- IT literate, with good strategic planning and day to day organising skills, high in initiative and problem-solving skills
- High levels of energy, commitment and tenacity with a strong understanding of the sales process and buying behaviours
- Ability to work on own, planning diary and working autonomously within your defined role.
- Full clean UK Driving License is required for this role
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme and 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Lunch allowance scheme
- Company credit card
- Profit related pay
- Long service additional holiday accrual
To apply, please email your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.