Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. At an exciting time in the Company’s 100 year history we’re currently recruiting for an experienced, highly driven Engineering Manager for the Foundry Division of the Group reporting directly to the Foundry Director.
The successful candidate will be a crucial senior member of our team, with the responsibility for developing a maintenance team of 20 multi skilled craftsman. Your role will be to develop and drive the department towards world class manufacturing whilst delivering cost effective solutions. You will also be responsible for delivering major engineering projects within the business. These will be multi million pound projects involving relocating heavy integrated plant with supporting civil work above and below ground. There will also be new plant to purchase and project manage through full life cycle.
The successful role holder will champion and lead on all continued development and implementation of preventive maintenance systems and the maintenance of all statutory and company records relating to the Foundry site, services, plant and equipment, including health & safety and environmental.
- To ensure safe systems of work are adopted fully.
- Develop a maintenance team capable of supporting long term business growth plans.
- Ensure projects have a clear plan and update senior team on variance to cost or time.
- Evaluate repeat failures and design solutions.
- Keep maintenance budget in line with business plan.
- Develop spares stock control system.
- Oversee compliance issues as required.
- Find lower cost alternatives that are effective.
- Suggest productivity / reliability upgrades and be accountable for delivery if approved.
- Challenge all quotes to get the best possible deal.
- Achieve agreed business plan targets and report weekly progress.
- Control all project contractors.
- Provide full technical support to all your team and build strong internal relationships centred on respecting TD values, carrying out PDR with all direct reports
- Be an ambassador for TD company values. Zero tolerance for non-compliance.
- To have due regard to the health, safety, welfare, development, motivation and training of all personnel responsible to the position.
- Develop a culture of great housekeeping.
- Liaise with all Directors and senior managers to continue to drive the Company to becoming and remaining 'World Class'
- To decide in liaison with the Directors the plant and equipment needed to develop the foundry into a world class operation
- In liaison with the Board and Management to plan and where appropriate lead cross functional project teams to improve performance in key areas
- Ensure that OEE targets are met and monitor and visually manage performance of key plant.
- Attend daily production meeting and produce monthly management report, including recommended actions where appropriate for presentation to the Board
- Investigate accidents and near misses
What you need to do it…
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a heavy engineering company
- 3-5 years management experience within a similar heavy manufacturing setting company
- Education to a degree level is essential
- Control of maintenance budget over £500,000
- Ability to create/read engineering drawings
- Expert in either mechanical/electrical installations
- A strong leader / people manager with a proven track record of developing and leading a large team of Engineers
- Experience of managing large projects simultaneously to multiple deadlines – F10 level of complexity is essential
- Proven track record of developing and implementing preventative maintenance programs delivering against set KPI’s
- Knowledge and experience of Health & Safety practices at management level
- Proven experience of implementing 5S principles and LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Health & Safety Qualification - NEBOSH / IOSH would be desirable
- Knowledge of IPPC requirements would be desirable
- First rate communication skills with the ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Continuously strive to achieve results
- Confident, highly organised with excellent problem solving capability using various problem solving techniques
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Free Flu jabs
- Charity and social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Benefits discounts
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.