Extrusion & Blow Mould Setter Operator – Plastics Business Unit
Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. We are looking to recruit an experienced Extrusion & Blow Mould Setter Operator for the Plastics Business Unit to help drive continuous improvement.
This is a superb opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Setter Operator. Reporting to the Operations Manager the successful role holder will be responsible for the setting and shift to shift running of all Extrusion and Blow Mould equipment, ensuring all equipment is processing efficiently and products being produced are to agreed standards. Quality and performance driven working within health & safety requirements, responsible for generating and maintaining departmental metrics & continuously optimising use of resource.
A flexible approach is needed towards working hours at short notice to meet business needs,
The role will follow the below shift pattern;
12 hour night shift / Monday to Thursday – 1800 to 0600
- Load and set tooling on Extrusion, Blow Moulding machines and ancillary equipment
- Oversee the shift running of the Extrusion & Blow Mould processes in line with the Production plan.
- Record Departmental metrics to achieve targeted Performance criteria on all equipment
- Achieve OEE’s on equipment and report to Operations Manager on issues identified in processes preventing achievement of targets
- Maintain a safe working environment in all Extrusion and Blow Mould areas.
- Complete Quality checks in line with Company standards
- Manage all internal stock movements ensuring they are in accordance with processes maintaining accuracy of stock volumes and locations
- Identify teams training needs and manage development.
- Be part of continuous improvement teams
- Ensure team members are maintaining a good standard of housekeeping
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfil the responsibilities of this position
What you need to do it…
- Previous experience minimum 2 years in a similar extrusion / blow moulding role
- Proven track record of process optimisation and trouble shooting
- Sound knowledge of health and safety principles / uphold the highest standards of health and safety at all times
- Ability to work both as part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a safe and efficient manner
- Can work to demanding and changing priorities
- Confident, highly organised with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Good communication capability
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme and 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
To apply, please email your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.