Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. To support continued business growth we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician for the multi skilled maintenance team based at the Foundry Duport Tipton site.
Providing timely support to production in order to keep the machinery running, the successful candidate will be tasked with carrying out ongoing and reactive maintenance work to ensure continuous asset reliability.
A flexible approach is needed towards working hours at short notice to meet business needs, overtime may be requested to cover busy periods. The role will follow the below shift pattern;
Monday to Thursday – 1130 to 2000 / Friday – 1130 to 1900
· Carry out scheduled preventive maintenance checks and procedures, record and report any adverse symptoms or trends
· Undertake allocated maintenance activities
· Respond to and assist with breakdown/emergency situations on any item of plant or equipment as necessary
· Conduct diagnostic checks on faulty plant and equipment and strip down, replace/repair and re-assemble as necessary
· Accurately interpret electrical drawings and work from hand sketches / verbal instructions to carry out repairs and maintenance
· Utilise hand tools and equipment correctly and safely for carrying out maintenance activities
· Use measuring equipment and instruments for installation or modification of plants and equipment and for calibration of plants, equipment and controls as necessary.
· Correctly and safely use lifting equipment for handling materials, components and items of plants and equipment
· Liaise with internal stakeholders on all aspects of departmental activities and practical/ technical problem solving
· Ensure the secure, safe storage of materials and equipment at all times
· Report any malfunctions of plant of equipment to the Shift Supervisor
· Act in accordance with instructions from the Shift Supervisors and Maintenance Manager, use own initiative for action as appropriate
· Report any hazardous procedures / malpractices of unsafe actions / activities to the Maintenance Manager
· Maintain all plant and equipment maintenance records in a timely manner
· Undertake PAT Testing as and when required
What you need to do it…
· 17th or 18th edition qualified
· Previous heavy industrial maintenance experience
· Ability to understand and analyse electrical drawings
· Confident, highly organised with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
· Good communication capability
· Opportunity for career growth, to work for a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
· Competitive salary reflecting experience
· Contributory pension scheme and 25 days annual leave + statutory holiday
To apply, please email your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.