Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. To support continued business growth we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer with electrical bias to join the multi skilled maintenance team based at our Foundry in Tipton.
Providing timely support to production in order to keep the machinery running, the successful candidate will be tasked with carrying out ongoing and reactive maintenance work to ensure continuous asset reliability.
Your standard working hours will be 11:30am – 08:00pm or 10:00pm – 06:30am. A positive and flexible attitude is an absolute must, overtime and change to working hours at short notice to accommodate business needs may be requested.
- Carry out planned preventive maintenance checks and procedures, record and report any adverse symptoms or trends
- Undertake allocated maintenance activities
- Respond to and assist with breakdown/emergency situations on any item of plant or equipment as necessary
- Conduct diagnostic checks on faulty plant on a range of machinery including hydraulics & pneumatics, replace/repair and re-assemble as necessary
- Accurately interpret drawings and work from instructions to carry out repairs and maintenance
- Contribute and provide support to continuous improvement projects across the engineering department.
- Utilise hand tools and equipment correctly and safely for carrying out maintenance activities
- Use measuring equipment and instruments for installation or modification of plants and equipment and for calibration of plants, equipment and controls as necessary.
- Correctly and safely use lifting equipment for handling materials, components and items of plants and equipment
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on all aspects of departmental activities and practical/ technical problem solving
- Ensure the secure, safe storage of materials and equipment at all times
- Report any malfunctions of plant and act in accordance with instructions from the Shift Supervisors and Maintenance Manager, use own initiative for action as appropriate
- Report any hazardous procedures / malpractices of unsafe actions / activities to the Maintenance Manager
- Maintain all plant and equipment maintenance records in a timely manner
What you need to do it…
- Fully qualified / time served maintenance engineer with a strong electrical bias background
- Previous heavy industrial maintenance experience
- Ability to understand and analyse drawings
- Confident, highly organised with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Good communication capability
- Strong health & safety Awareness
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Free Flu jabs
- Charity and social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Benefits discounts
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Leah at email@example.com
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.