Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. At an exciting time in the Company’s 100 year history we’re currently recruiting for an experienced and motivated Production Engineer to join our Plastics division.
You will manage internal projects, including new product introduction, from feasibility to implementation, whilst also ensuring that all equipment is operating efficiently and products are being produced to the agreed standard.
You will implement continuous improvement by refining existing methods and controls and promoting a positive working culture throughout the production line.
A positive and flexible attitude is an absolute must, overtime and change to working hours at short notice (including working at weekends) to accommodate business needs may be requested.
- To identify and source plant and equipment for the Factory, Stores and Warehouse operations that is fit for purpose complying with applicable legislation
- Attend daily team meetings and support all Production Departments in identifying and implementing remedial actions to improve areas underperforming
- Identify and implement new processes to reduce product costs to achieve budgeted costs savings targets
- Generate and maintain Engineering Databases within the Company IT System ensuring accuracy of BOM’s, Routings and Costings.
- Generate and maintain site layouts for Factory and Warehouse
- Promote a safe working environment in all areas.
- Support Thomas Dudley Group Services in their acquisition of new Businesses and their incorporation into the TD Group
- Lead continuous improvement teams
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping
What you need to do it…
- Previous new product introduction experience is essential
- Writing and updating of BOMs
- ERP in manufacturing and production knowledge
- Strong knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing
- Experience of managing projects with a hands on approach
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety principles
- Manufacturing process experience
- CAD knowledge/Qualification
- Attention to detail and continuously strive to achieve results
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Free Flu jabs
- Charity and social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Benefits discounts
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Leah at email@example.com
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.