Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. At an exciting time in the Company’s 100 year history we’re currently recruiting for an experienced and highly driven Production Manager for the Foundry Division of the Group reporting directly to the Foundry Director.
The purpose of the role is to control the production resources and facilities available within the foundry to ensure the maximum utilisation of materials, manpower and general resources in order to manufacture cost effectively and thereby maximise profitability and meet any other goals in line with the predetermined objectives of the Company.
You will implement continuous improvement by refining existing methods and controls and promoting a positive working culture throughout the production line.
The role will be based at our Duport Tipton site, a positive and flexible attitude is an absolute must overtime and change to working hours at short notice (including working at weekends) to accommodate business needs may be requested.
- To ensure safe systems of work are adopted fully.
- Achieve agreed business plan targets and report weekly progress.
- Provide full technical support to all your team and build strong internal relationships centred on respecting TD values, carrying out PDR with all direct reports
- Be an ambassador for TD company values. Zero tolerance for non-compliance.
- To have due regard to the health, safety, welfare, development, motivation and training of all personnel responsible to the position.
- Develop a culture of great housekeeping
- Ensure that a production programme is developed and presented in line with customer requirements and interdepartmental capacities
- Determine standard manning levels in line with immediate and future production requirements for the relevant departments
- Ensure that workforce is suitably trained to meet the future requirements of the company.
- Ensure that all materials, equipment, manpower and resources are available to complete production runs and meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that plant and equipment are maintained in good working order.
- Make recommendations with regard to the replacement of plant and equipment.
- Ensure that the relevant health and safety at work etc act is complied with.
- Ensure that production is organised so that customers’ orders are fulfilled, on time and that the quality of product meets the customers’ requirements.
- To manage the workforce effectively through the setting and regular monitoring of objectives and targets.
- Ensure that the production programme has been agreed and approved with the relevant directors and departmental supervisors.
- Establish quality standards and ensure that all information is available to the necessary personnel to ensure that those quality standards are maintained and satisfy customer requirements, in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Investigate accidents and near misses
What you need to do it…
- Minimum 3-5 years management experience within a similar heavy manufacturing setting company
- A strong leader / people manager with a proven track record of developing and leading a team
- Proven track record of people and production management
- Knowledge and experience of Health & Safety practices at management level
- Proven experience of implementing 5S principles and LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Health & Safety Qualification - NEBOSH / IOSH would be desirable
- First rate communication skills with the ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Continuously strive to achieve results
- Confident, highly organised with excellent problem solving capability using various problem solving techniques
- Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive salary reflecting experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Free Flu jabs
- Charity and social events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Benefits discounts
To apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to Leah at email@example.com
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.