Thomas Dudley Ltd has an outstanding reputation for product innovation and excellent customer service delivery. We are now looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic Specification Sales Manager for TYDE (part of the Thomas Dudley Limited Group of Companies) for the London area to help us expand our customer base in the region. The successful candidate will be at the interface of the company demonstrating the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
As Specification Sales Manager you'll be tasked with improving and growing the TYDE specification business, fostering and developing relationships with specifiers and other partners. You will strive to expand our technical knowledge, customer service and excellent consultative and solutions approach to sales.
Liaising with mainly Consultants and Architects, introduce products at the design phase of the project design process, driving specification making of the TYDE products while selling value benefits, regulations and standards.
The successful candidate will be based on patch and be comfortable to travel around the region. Regular travel to the company head offices in the West Midlands area will be expected and in addition occasional overnight stay will be required to perform the role.
· Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
· Seek out the appropriate decision making unit/contact in an organisation
· Provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development
· Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
· Develop relationships with key specifiers
· Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these think strategically and tactically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
· Deliver CPD presentations
· Deploy necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
· Draw up contracts - depending on the size of company, or work to complete and document agreements.
· Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
· Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
· Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
· Discuss communication strategy and activities with the marketing department
· Liaise with the customer services, internal sales, finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
· Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
· Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
· Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business markets, regulations and standards
· Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
What you need to do it…
· Previous experience in a specification / solution sales role, successfully dealing with Architects, Developers and Contractors
· Proven track record of developing and implementing sales strategy, delivering business growth against set targets and KPI’s
· Previous experience of drafting complex proposals, tenders and bids
· First rate communication skills with the ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
· Confident, highly organised, possessing a meticulous approach with a keen eye for detail
· Ability to work in collaboration successfully with the wider commercial teams
· Valid UK driving licence is essential
· Great working conditions in a company that has a reputation for being an excellent people friendly employer who ensures a good work life balance as part of its values
· Competitive salary reflecting experience
· Contributory pension scheme and 25 days annual leave + statutory holidays
To apply, please email your CV, salary expectations and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see a link below to our Careers page where the company Job Applicant Privacy Notice is attached to review.