Thomas Dudley has been manufacturing in the UK since the company’s inception in 1920.
Having previously helped to develop and manage foundries across the UK, Mr Thomas Dudley set up his own business, half a mile from our current Head Office. In 1934, the land was acquired and the foundry relocated to its current site on the Birmingham New Road.
In 1936, Thomas Dudley sailed on the Queen Mary’s maiden voyage to America and visited a number of foundries to help formulate his vision for the future of the company.
By the 1950s, the foundry was producing a wide range of products including cast iron WC cisterns. However, following a number of harsh winters, we began factoring frost-resistant heavy-duty rubber cisterns. This move paved the way for the plastics division which started to manufacture plastic injection moulded models shortly afterwards.